FIT Hill Sessions are intended expressly for:
- runners who have an established training base of at least 10 to 15 miles per week and want to train their bodies and minds to overcome the challenges that hill running presents
- runners dedicated to maximizing their current level of cardio fitness in order to reach the next level
- experienced runners who have completed multiple events and desire to be better prepared and able to make their race experience more rewarding, enjoyable, or in the instance of hills: tolerable
- veteran distance runners intending to train intelligently in order to improve their finish times
- psychopathís who have nothing better to do, than to subject themselves to periods of extreme discomfort
- anyone willing to gain firsthand experience, that what doesnít kill you only serves to make you stronger
Sessions will be held on your choice of Tuesday or Wednesday evening at various locations throughout Topeka, starting at 6:00 p.m. for seven consecutive weeks, beginning with a time trial on July 8 or 9, followed by hill sessions on July 15 or 16, 22 or 23, and 29 or 30, and August 5 or 6, 12 or 13, and 28 or 29. The time trial is devoted expressly for the purpose of charting your current level of cardio fitness and will be factored in conjunction with recent race performances to determine your precise training pace for each workout in the upcoming training sessions.
Please check the Schedule page regularly to determine the location of each upcoming workout. In the event of inclement weather, a group e-mail will be delivered to inform you of any hill session cancellation by 4:30 p.m. on the day of the session. Please note that unless thereís ice or very deep snow on the ground, lightning in the air, or a severe weather alert, we will be running.
Your Benefits of Participation:
- You will learn the secrets of successful hill running on a variety of hills throughout the Topeka metro area
- Youíll enjoy the camaraderie of training alongside peers of comparable talent on courses designed for your level of experience and ability
- Learn how to use hills to your advantage instead of considering them a disadvantage
- The opportunity to discover that running, especially uphill; truly is mind over matter
- Water and Sports Drinks are provided for you to maintain optimal hydration
- HILLS ARE YOUR FRIEND! YOUíLL LIKE HILLS!
Program fees for Fall 2003 Hill Sessions: July 8 - August 20
Non Member - $35.00
FIT Member - $20.00
(Current or Alumni)
Per Session Fee:
Non Member - $10.00
FIT Member - $5.00
(Current or Alumni)
Time Trial Only:
Itís never too early or too late to join. You can start anytime at a prorated cost. Additional programs are available for individuals who prefer to train alone and for small groups who prefer to train separately. Training programs and coaching services are also available via e-mail and telephone.
CLICK HERE TO SIGNUP FOR A COMPLIMENTARY FITNESS CONSULTATION,
OR TO REQUEST A SESSION REGISTRATION FORM. DONíT WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW, DO IT TODAY!
Gift Certificates Available